Coming up with fun things I can do with DPLA data. Wanted an excuse to use the pretty Verite Timeline.
- build query
- harvest and parse response
- clean up json quirks so Timeline can read the result
- output Timeline-formatted json (including hardcoded start date)
- HTML page
- allow for user input of search terms
- allow for user input of the limit parameter
- better handling of dates (e.g. when the standard date field returns only a year, or something spurioius, do I want to harvest source-specific data?)
- generate a logical start date
- figure out a way of dealing with annoying NPR embeds spawning iTunes a million times (suppress, replace with better multimedia, etc.)
- get better embeds from biodiversity library
- get image files, not web page, from OldSF
- deal with NaN dates
- redirect from user input page to timeline page; how does cherrypy find that page?
- style search page