This folder gets a collection of samba howtos.
These are tested on Debian Stretch, but should work on Jessie to.
The howto collection wil be extended with the following things.
- Base server install.
- Samba AD DC.
- Samba Member ( File server )
- Samba Member ( Cups Point and print Print server)
- Samba Member ( Proxy server )
( Work in progress are point 3. 4. 5. )
The files and setup order:
- stretch-base-1.0.txt : Setup a minimal Debian server, with only ssh as base.
I use this one for every server setup.
- stretch-base-1.1-checkup.txt : Check you server before continueing.
A must to make sure everyting is set ok, before other programmas are installed.
- stretch-base-2.0-samba-minimal-ad.txt : Install Samba + Bind9_DLZ + ntp, a minimal setup.
You should be able to copy past where needed, while your read this file,
don't forget to change you REALM DNSDOMAIN and NTDOM.
- stretch-base-2.1-samba-minimal-ad-checks.txt : a few minimal check for the AD DC setup.
- stretch-base-3.1-samba-member-debian-install.txt : This is basicly a copy of the stretch-base-1.0.txt.
Except, this one uses the first installed Samba AD DC server as primary NTP and DNS server.
- stretch-base-3.2-samba-member-debian-install-checkes.txt : TODO
- stretch-base-3.3-samba-member-fileserver-rights-example.txt : This start for some rights explained.