PressRoom for Wordpress
freedom for the modern storyteller
Requires at least: 3.8
Tested up to: 4.2.3
Stable tag: 1.3
License: GPL v2
What is PressRoom?
PressRoom turns WordPress into a multiple channel publishing platform. It is being developed around a vision for digital publishing that we see growing and struggling with the available technologies.
Everything in PressRoom is structured around the concept of Editorial Projects; they are containers for an unlimited number of Editions, which are containers for any kind of content that you can already add and manage in WordPress.
An Edition can be exported at the same time to an iOS client based on the Baker Framework and to the web as a standalone microsite.
PressRoom is the perfect tool to embrace a sub-compact publishing model, but you’re not restricted to any kind of content structure, since everything is being built to be flexible and highly customizable. Suitable for books, magazines, newspapers or just to manage your static websites and release your blog to multiple channels.
- Download the package
- Unzip and rename the folder to "pressroom"
- Extract or upload it to your
/wp-content/plugins/directory, then activate
- Set permalinks to
- Configure the basic settings
- Create your first Editorial Project
- Connect your Baker Framework iOS App to your editorial project's endpoint
- Create an Edition, review and publish
How to get support
Contributions are always welcomed to further improve this plugin:
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request
Have you got a project you would like to discuss? Tell us more