Hey everyone! This repo was created initially for me to study/increase the lifespan and legacy of my notes. However, I realized that I could go further and make this open-source. So, here it is!
How Do I Contribute?
If you find a typo or an error or if you have suggestions on something to add, you can:
- Check the issue tracker to make sure that it hasn't been logged already. If not, create a new issue and someone else can pick it up!
- Fork the repo following the instructions below and submit a pull request with the change!
Forking The Repo
If you found an issue you can fix or implement, you should contribute directly to the code base!
- Fork this repo.
- Create a branch with a descriptive name. For example, if you're fixing issue #5:
git checkout -b 5-fix-styling-for-math-146
- If you're creating a new course, create a new file "courses/<subject in lower-case><course-number>.html"
- Implement your feature. Don't be afraid to ask questions!
- Once you've finished implementing your changes, make sure that your master branch is up-to-date with the remote master branch
git remote add upstream email@example.com:theroughcode/Course-Notes.git git checkout master git pull upstream master
- Update your feature branch with your master branch.
git checkout 5-fix-styling-for-math-146 git rebase master git push --set-upstream origin 5-fix-styling-for-math-146
- Create a pull request
- Your PR will be merged once a project maintainer approves it and merges it!
What Should I Take Note Of?
For math-related courses, we will be making use of MathJax to embed LaTeX into our html.
If you are creating a new html file that requires MathJax, include the following script tags into the <head> of your document.
Tips for MathJax
- To in-line LaTeX: use $<math>$
- To centre on page (equation-style): use $$<math>$$
For CS-related courses, we will be using Google's Code-Prettify to format and provide syntax highlighting for our code. To embed it in your code, use either
class="prettyprint" and enclose your code segment in it.
Tate Lok-Chun Cheng