✅Supports custom geometry and skin files, for example made in BlockBench
- ⚔ Does not interfere with PvP and additionally stops the use of KillAura [¹]
💻Easily modifiable and configurable
- ⚖ Permission sets for every available design
💾Minimal disk space usage due to savefiles in NBT format [²] 📏Automatically updates scale in relation to the player's scale. You have baby sized players on your server? No problem! 👻Hidden when the player is invisible or dead 💎27 extra slots to fill up with your precious goods
- 👨🏻💻 Simple to use commands -
/backpackPuts down the backpack to make it's contents accessible
💼Can be opened by hitting the backpack entity 🔐Only accessible by the owner of the backpack
- 🦸♂️ Immune to any impacts, as fire, explosions and player damage
👪Easy way to add roleplaying and survival fun
By setting up permissions in the style of
backpack.type.FILENAME you can make cool and exclusive designs available to specific users and groups.
Example for permissions:
- For the file
default.jsonthe permission would result in
- By giving the
backpack.typepermission all designs will be accessible
Creating new models and textures
For creating the entities i suggest using BlockBench, a free modeling program for Minecraft with included painting tools. It can also be ran in the browser and is mobile/touch friendly.
Some things must be given attention to when creating those models:
- I suggest importing a player model to have a visual preview of where you actually are putting the cubes at. You can toggle the visibility of the bones at any time, making it easy to tweak the positioning of cubes.
- Only the
bodybone/group may be used, since it is able to automatically align the backpack correctly, even when sneaking, swimming or elytra-flying. Cubes put into the
bodygroup to archive the best results.
- The pivot of the
bodybone/group must be at
[0, 24, 0]to make sure the cubes align properly when sneaking
- Textures must be 64 * 32, 64 * 64 or 128 * 128 size. Other sizes won't render properly. Those are supported dimensions of a player skin (as of October 2019)
- BlockBench supports generating texture templates, which is a great time and headache savior, since it can also try to "compress" the texture file by putting smaller cube textures in the unused areas of bigger cubes.
- The geometry name must be
geometry.backpack.FILENAME. The geometry file must be named
FILENAME.json. The PNG texture file must be named
- Database support for cross server backpack saving
- Optional UI for choosing the design of the backpack (alongside the
- Restrictions for allowing the use only in a set of worlds
- Colored messages
Feel free to modify the plugin and contribute to the development (as long as you give credit
😉)! Pull requests are most welcome ☺
[¹] Simple KillAura hacks can be disturbed by this plugin if poorly coded. The hack client will have a hard time figuring out if it is actually targeting a Player or a Human entity (which are used in this plugin), and probably will attack the backpacks instead 👍🏻
A plugin by XenialDan, 2019
Many thanks to @Muqsit for helping with the data saving and to @CortexPE for his amazing Commando virion