MacOS on Thinkpad S1 Yoga 12
Hackintosh MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 and Catalina 10.15 Beta 7 on Thinkpad S1 Yoga 12 with hot patch
1. Warning: check you BIOS version !!!
You should update BIOS to version 1.20 at minimum !
BIOS Summary of Changes at https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/jeuj84ww.txt
- (New) Updated Fan table
- (Fix) Fixed an issue that Fan stops working even when temperature reaching trigger point. ...
- (New) Removed authentication of WLAN cards.
So if you want to be able to replace the Wifi card with a MacOS compatible card, Bios version 1.08 or above is mandatory.
--> Version 1.20 or later recommended.
2. BIOS settings
- Disable Computrace
- Disable Vtd / Vtx
- Enable CSM
- Enable USB3
3. Know your hardware
|CPU||Intel Core i5-5300U vPro|
|RAM||DDR3L 8GB Bus 1600MHz|
|GFX||Intel HD Graphics 5500|
|Sound||Intel HD Audio (Conexant CX22752 Audio Driver)|
|Display||12.5" FHD IPS LCD|
|WIFI||Intel Wireless N7265NGW -> I replaced Lenovo BCM94352Z|
|Touch panel||Synaptics Touch Digitizer V04 (USB Internal port)|
|Stylus digitizer||FHD 1920x1080 (12.5in)|
|Sensor Hub||ST Sensor Hub: gyroscope, Accelerometer, rotation detection, luminosity detection..|
|SD Card reader||Realtek RTS5227 PCI Express Card Reader|
|Camera||CON4B2E72 Integrated Camera (USB Internal port)|
What will work:
- HD Intel Graphic Card
- Power Management
- Trackpad and Trackpoint
- USB ports, HDMI port, HDMI Audio-Out
- SD Card Reader
What will not work:
- ST Sensor Hub: gyroscope, Accelerometer, rotation detection, luminosity detection..
What will partially work:
- Tablet digitzer (with stylus): recognized as a mouse with button
Thinkpad Yoga 12 M.2 WIFI port is E keyed, so it's compatible with both A+E and E keys cards. So you can either use in it:
- Lenovo BCM94352Z (FRU 04X6020) which is M.2 "E" keyed.
1. Tools needed
- Clover Installer (https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/)
- Clover Configurator (https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/) ...
2. Kexts used
- VirtualSMC.kext (https://github.com/acidanthera/VirtualSMC)
- Lilu.kext (https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu)
- AppleALC.kext (https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC)
- CodecCommander.kext (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads/)
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext (https://github.com/acidanthera/VoodooPS2)
- WhateverGreen.kext (https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/releases)
- USBPorts.kext (on my EFI Folder)
- EFICheckDisabler.kext (on my EFI Folder)
- Copy S240.aml to /ACPI/patched/