A gui tool made with PyQt5 and QT Designer to help you memorise poems and speeches.
The main functionality is the ability to type in poems line by line, and apply various levels of obfuscation to increase the difficulty until you are confident the poem is memorised.
Poetry memorizer only required pyqt5 and its SIP dependency.
One they are installed, simply run main.py.
- Enter poems line by line to memorize them
- Toggle line numbers
- Hide the current line of the poem
- Hide entire poem
- Randomly obfuscate words (scale of 1 - 5)
- Tag poems to randomly select from 'learning', 'memorized' and 'all'
- Poem timer and wpm counter
- Add new poems and edit existing
- Select a range of stanzas to learn
- Save best times
- Shortcuts in bookshelf etc...
- More default public domain poetry
- Shortcut for help menu
Potential future additions:
- Command line interface
- Easily importing poem files