The repository of Changelog episode transcripts in Markdown format.
- License & Copyright
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!
Pull requests, please! Our transcriptions are lovingly crafted by a human, but they're nowhere near perfect. Specific things we'd love help with:
- Replacing the keyword 'unintelligible' with the correct word/phrase (list of unintelligibles)
- Adding links to referenced URLs, projects, etc.
- Adding timestamps to key/beloved statements and sections
- Fixing typos
Why contributing is worth your time
- Once merged, your contribution will immediately (pending webhook execution) appear on the episode page for all to use/enjoy!
- We routinely send thank you's on the air and on Twitter!
- Give back to the awesome Changelog Community of hackers, podcast hosts, and guests!
Directory structure and file names
Parsed and html-ized versions of these transcripts live on Changelog.com alongside their respective episode, which is accomplished by following this naming convention:
For example, the episode that lives at:
Has its transcript in this repo at:
Each transcript fragment is parsed as good ole' Markdown. That means you can add
_s for emphasis,
[links](https://changelog.com) to referenced people/projects, etc. We especially encourage the addition of links. These make the transcripts much more useful to readers and provide valuable SEO juice to the link-worthy things we discuss on our shows.
Timestamps appear inline in front of the word/phrase they attach to. The preferred placement is at the beginning of a speaker's sentence/thought. Timestamps are delineated in the transcript by square brackets and HH:MM:SS.ms format. Because the text is in Markdown format, the square brackets must be escaped using a backslash
\ character. Example:
The hour and sub-second sections are optional. This is another valid timestamp:
Contributor Code of Conduct. By participating in this project you agree to abide by its terms.
License & Copyright
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 4.0. Copyright Changelog Media LLC.