Client Side Rendering (JSLink) with Content by Query Web Parts
The sample code and the tutorial write-up demonstrate how to use Client Side Rendering (CSR) with Content by Query web parts (CQWP) by utilizing csrShim.
By the end of the tutorial, you should know:
- When to use CQWPs
- How to configure CQWPs to use csrShim
- Best Practices for using csrShim with CQWPs
- ConfiguredCQWP.txt - An example of a configured CQWP web part. Not used directly in the tutorial but available for your reference
- HallOfFame.js - A JSLink file to use in the tutorial
- HallOfFame.xml - A PnP provisioning template that can be used to setup the list used in the tutorial (manual steps are provided, but this is a nice shortcut if you are familiar with PnP)
- README.md - This file, wow!
Required csrShim Files
The tutorial is provided as a blog post here: