List View Client Side Rendering (JSLink) Primer
The sample code and the tutorial write-up demonstrate basic client side rendering for List View web parts using the JS Link property. csrShim is not used/required in this tutorial. The goal is to simply provide a brief overview, basic extension points, and a simple to follow example.
The hope is that developers unfamiliar with this programming model can quickly get up to speed.
By the end of the tutorial, you should know:
- The basics of CSR
- Templates and Events available when using CSR
- CSR Best Practices
- HallOfFame.js - A JSLink file to use in the tutorial
- HallOfFame.xml - A PnP provisioning template that can be used to setup the list used in the tutorial (manual steps are provided, but this is a nice shortcut if you are familiar with PnP)
- README.md - This file, wow!
Required csrShim Files
- None! This is just basic CSR (JSLink)
The tutorial is provided as a series of blog posts: