Apache Pig examples galore!
Sounder is a grouping of examples and pig udfs for Apache Pig, the query language for Hadoop.
Here you’ll find some examples for expressing all those simple (and some not so simple) things in Pig Latin.
- Normalizing a numeric column by its maximum
- Extracting symmetric links in a network graph
- Iteratively calculating pagerank (no java here folks…)
- Other graph processing algorithms (degree distribution, truss extraction, etc)
- Finding the nearest neighbors of geo points
- And many more…
Why is it called Sounder?
Evidently, a grouping of pigs is called a sounder so…