Xamarin plugin to handle notifications with ease.
Get it on NuGet
Nuget packages are available on my nuget - https://www.nuget.org/profiles/thefex
To use with:
- Android GCM - Install-Package Insane.Notifications.Droid.GCM (for MvvmCross go with: Insane.Notifications.Droid.MvxGCM)
- iOS - Install-Package Insane.Notifications.iOS
- UWP - Install-Package Insane.Notifications.UWP
- Portable project - Install.Package Insane.Notifications
- official, initial library release
Things TODO - "ROADMAP sorted by importance"
- Implement iOS Local Notifications
- Improve Android Local Notifications sample
- Write Local Notifications documentation.
- Add FCM support
Sample - PUSH Notifications - Azure Notification Hub Backend
As current version is mainly focused on PUSH Based of Azure Notification Hubs I have prepared C# ASP.Net WebAPI sample project - implementation of Azure Notification Hub usage / push send.
Sample API project is available here: https://github.com/thefex/Insane.Notifications/tree/master/Insane.Notifications/Samples/PUSH/Insane.PushSample/Insane.PushSample.Backend
Keep in mind to get project works you have to insert your "Azure Notification Hub" connection string + notification hub name in this file: https://github.com/thefex/Insane.Notifications/blob/master/Insane.Notifications/Samples/PUSH/Insane.PushSample/Insane.PushSample.Backend/Services/NotificationHubRegistrationServices.cs
This API is also deployed here: http://xamarinpushplugintests.azurewebsites.net/swagger/ui/index
Library documentation/presentation is available here: https://github.com/thefex/Insane.Notifications/blob/master/InsaneNotificationsPresentation.pdf
This library has been created thanks to help and support from InsaneLab.com (http://www.insanelab.com). Thanks for giving me time to work on this project - you guys rock :-)
Also, many thanks to Erlend Angelsen for some great ideas and insights.
If you have observed any weird behaviour with this library - please, fill an issue. PR's are welcome as well.