This repo contains the source code for theforeman.org. All of the site's content is written in Markdown. If you're not familiar with it, fear not; it's easy to learn and to become rapidly productive!
Everything you push into the gh-pages branch goes live immediately!
To test your changes locally use
to generate your site in the _site directory, or
# rake server
To start Jekyll server locally.
docker run -it --rm -v `pwd`:/srv/jekyll:Z -p 4000:4000 jekyll/jekyll jekyll serve --watch
Navigate to http://localhost:4000
- Fork this repo to your account.
- Clone the fork.
bundle installin the root of the freshly cloned repo. This will install Jekyll, the tool we use to build the site.
bundle exec jekyll serve --watchand open your browser to http://localhost:4000.
- Make some changes, refresh your browser to preview them.
- Submit a pull request.
Contributing a blog post
- (following on from step 5 above)
rake new_post['title of my post']to generate a new empty blog post
- Edit _posts/YYYY-MM-DD-title_of_my_post.md
- Set the author correctly, and appropriate tags (see previous posts for examples)
- Add content, and preview as above.
- Submit PR
New release actions
For each new release we keep stable documentation tree for the record.
cp -r manuals/nightly manuals/X.Z
cp -r _includes/manuals/nightly manuals/X.Z
- change version numbers in manuals/X.Z/*.md
- add version to documentation.md
- Generate release notes using
- Update installer options using
- cp -r plugins/foreman_plugin/X.Y plugins/foreman_plugin/X.Z
- add "warning: old" to plugins/foreman_plugin/X.Y/index.md
- update plugins/foreman_plugin/index.md
Updating API Auto-Generated Docs by apipie
Follow instructions in the apidocs github repo.