This is a RoR template using The Frontier Group's (TFG) SOE.
git clone https://github.com/thefrontiergroup/rails-template cd rails-template gem install bundler bundle bin/setup # Run this to create a new Rails application from the template bin/copy_template
The output of this script should give you the instructions you will need.
What does the template include out of the box?
- Mailer configuration for development, staging (jazz), production (jazz), and test environment
- PostgreSQL with TFG SOE database.yml. No configuration required.
- RVM Support via
- Seeds configuration via SeedHelper, including seeding some initial Users
- Script to spin up app (
- Admin and Member Users with CRUD for both
- Authorization with CanCanCan with full unit tests
- Custom 404, 500, and maintenance pages
- Custom favicon
- Dashboard for admins and members
- Devise implementation using User, includes feature specs for:
- Resetting password
- Signing in
- Signing up
- Signing out
- Easy sign in functionality to speed up development
- Responsive and Desktop styles in admin namespace