Jint-Unity is a fork of Jint: a Javscript interpreter for .NET. Jint does not JIT. This is important. This fork provides a few things that Jint proper does not:
- Compliant with the .NET 3.5 Subset that Unity uses.
- Fixes for iOS compatibility: yes, this runs on iOS!
- Deep integration with Unity: APIs for days!
- An awesome Unity scene query language aptly named UQL.
- Useful platform APIs:
- Lots of Unity examples-- including a full REPL.
All Jint projects can be found in
Master.sln, which can be built like any Visual Studio Solution-- via Visual Studio,
msbuild (.NET), or
xbuild (Mono). This solution outputs a set of dlls.
We use gradle to orchestrate this process. Individual
gradle tasks are outlined below.
Jint-Unity projects and copies all project dlls into each example project.
- configuration - Defaults to
Debug. Specifies which build configuration to copy. Eg -
gradle buildAll -Pconfiguration=Releasewill copy release dlls into projects..
Our roadmap can be found here.