TheGoodDocsProject Project Steering Committee
TheGoodDocsProject Project Steering Committee (PSC) is the official managing body of TheGoodDocsProject and is responsible for setting overall project direction. The committee is drawn from TheGoodDocsProject community and is based on merit and interest.
- Cameron Shorter, chair
- Felicity Brand
- Jo Cook
- Jennifer Rondeau
- Jared Morgan
- Erin McKean
- Clarence Cromwell
- Becky Todd
Decisions are based on voting using the following:
- +1 : For
- +0: Mildly for, but mostly indifferent
- 0: Indifferent
- -0: Mildly against, but mostly indifferent
- -1 : Strongly against. This is expected to be accompanied by a reason.
For most decisions, a motion is raised within one of TheGoodDocsProject open forums (slack, email list, etc) and those present vote and decide. Should a decision:
- Be strategic or impact many within TheGoodDocsProject,
- Or if there is contention in deciding, and after discussion at least one member is still strongly against the motion, by continuing to vote -1,
Then the motion should be referred to the PSC.
For motions presented to the PSC, a motion is considered passed when there are more PSC +1 votes than -1 votes, and either all PSC members have voted, or 4 days have passed. In the case of a tie, the PSC chair shall have 1.5 votes.
Expectations of PSC members
- Regularly contribute to TheGoodDocsProject or related activities
- Help with whatever dirty work is required to keep the project moving forward
- Monitor TheGoodDocsProject conversations, either in weekly meetings, or on the email list, and contribute constructively where appropriate
- Vote promptly (within days) to motions being raised
Credit: This management process is derived from the OSGeoLive PSC process.