- Download and install Node
- At the command line install Yeoman, Bower and Grunt globally by typing
sudo npm install -g yo bower grunt-cli
- Clone, download and unzip, or use generator-propeller to create a new Propeller project
Now you're ready to use Propeller
- Open your new Propeller project at the command line
npm install && bower installto make sure all dependencies are installed
gruntat the command line to run the tasks to generate your static site, which will appear in a
/distfolder in your project
grunt serveto start your development server. Propeller will monitor the files in the
/srcfolder and update your static site whenever it detects changes
- Open http://localhost:9000 in a web browser to view your site
- Begin creating your site by modifying the files in the
- Propeller uses Assemble and Handlebars as its templating engine
- When the server is running it monitors for file updates, and automatically regenerates the static files
- The server also monitors for changes to LESS files, and automatically compiles them into static CSS files when updated
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
(CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) This is a human-readable summary of the Legal Code (the full license).
You are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
- Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
- The author's moral rights;
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.