A curated list of anything remotely related to linguistics, sorted in alphabetical order.
Libraries, frameworks and applications useful for developing applications.
Platforms and toolkits
- Haxe-linguistics - Early linguistical analysis and natural language processing library for Haxe.
- Natural - General natural language tools for Node.js.
- Natural Language ToolKit (NLTK) - The most complete platform for building Python programs to work with human language data.
- Snowball - Snowball is a language in which stemming algorithms can be easily represented.
- Stemming algorithms for various European languages - Various stemming algorithms from snowball.
- The Porter Stemmer Algorithm - The ‘official’ home page for distribution of the Porter Stemming Algorithm, written and maintained by its author, Martin Porter.
- EuroRomCom Data - JSON formatted Pan-Romance word lists.
List of interesting external resources.
- Bag of words model
- Document classification
- Language models
- Naive Bayes classification
- Natural language processing
- Outline of natural language processing
- Parts of speech tagging
- Sentiment analysis
- Term frequency - inverse document frequency
- Vector space model
- Computational Linguistics Lecture Playlist (Youtube) - Lectures for University of Maryland class on computational linguistics.
Some of the more interesting and complete books.
- Natural Language Processing for the Working Programmer - Unmaintained resource using the haskell programming language
- Natural Language Processing with Python - The book from the NLTK package
- Foundations of Computational Linguistics
- Foundations of Statistical Natural Language Processing
- Semisupervised Learning for Computational Linguistics
- Speech and Language Processing: An Introduction to Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics and Speech Recognition
- The Oxford Handbook of Computational Linguistics