This site is based on Yevgeniy Brikman Home Page. Check out Migrating from Blogger to GitHub Pages and launching the new ybrikman.com for background info.
This site is
- Remix of Yevgeniy Brikman, Jonathan McGlone, jekyll-resume and Post via web.
- Using icons Font Awesome.
- Better writer by Grammarly.
- IPv6, https support and made faster by CloudFlare.
- Images are served by RawGit.
- Use Git to clone this repo
- Make sure you have Jekyll installed
- Just the first time:
- To build the site and serve it:
bundle exec jekyll serve
- To test:
Docker quick start
git clonethis repo
- Go to
- Built with Jekyll. This website is completely static and I use basic HTML or Markdown for everything.
- Hosted on GitHub Pages. I'm using the GitHub Pages Gem and only Jekyll plugins that are available on GitHub Pages.
- The design is loosely based on Kasper, Pixyll, and Medium.
- I used Basscss, Sass, Font Awesome Icons, Hint.css,and Google Fonts for styling.
- I used jQuery, lazySizes, and responsive-nav.js for behavior.
- I added Disqus as a commenting system.
- I'm using UptimeRobot and Google Analytics for monitoring and metrics.
- Most of the blog posts were imported from my old Blogger account, so there
are a few hacky Ruby scripts in
_scriptsleft over from that migration.