This gem demonstrates how a new gems with C extensions can be created. It also demonstrates how to create a swig based extension.
You can use this gem as basis for own C extension gems (like a template).
- ruby 1.9.3p0 (2011-10-30) [i386-mingw32], swigwin-2.0.5, Windows XP
- ruby 1.9.3p0 (2011-10-30) [i386-mingw32], swigwin-2.0.6, Windows XP
- ruby 1.9.3p125 (2012-02-16) [i386-mingw32], swigwin-2.0.5, Windows XP
- DevKit installed
- [http://www.swig.org SWIG] installed and swig.exe in execution path
- gem install rake-compiler
- gem build c_ext_gem.gemspec
Build extension and install:
- gem install c_ext_gem-0.0.1.gem
See following links for a starting point: