Knockout Live Plugin
Clone the repository
npm install node server.js
Visit /index.html to see the example chat application.
- js/knockout.live.plugin.js on the client
- js/main.js has the example for the chat application
- server.js running on node server
- Knockout 3.4.0
- Socket.io v1.3.7 client/server
- Node.js and socket.io on the server side
- index.html should be requested from a web server e.g. apache, nginx
- The chat example runs on port 4000, change port variable in js/main.js and server.js if required
- Check the terminal for logs (message sent & disconnected client)
What do you need for your application to go "live"?:
- Set .live() on all ko.observable() and ko.observableArray() you want to synchronize remotely(see the chat example)
- Run ko.utils.socketConnect(address,port) before ko.applyBindings()
Options for live():
- id: "my_id" sets a custom ID for sync purposes. This is useful if you are syncing between different apps.
- readonly: true blocks all direct changes to the live observable. It will update only by socket messages from the server.
- Adapter interface for sync options besides socket.io