Knockout Live Plugin
- knockout.live.plugin.js on the client
- server.js running on node server
- Knockout 2.0+
- Socket.io client/server
- Node.js and socket.io on the server side
Steps to see it happen:
- Clone the repo
- Run "npm install socket.io"
- Run "node server.js"
- Point your browser to localhost:8080
What do you need for your application to go "live"?:
- Start a simple node server with the server.js included in this project(modify it as you desire)
- Set .live() on all ko.observable() and ko.observableArray() you want to synchronize remotely(see the chat example)
- Run ko.utils.socketConnect(address,port) before ko.applyBindings()
Options for live():
- id: "my_id" sets a custom ID for sync purposes. This is useful if you are syncing between different apps.
- readonly: true blocks all direct changes to the live observable. It will update only by socket messages from the server.
- Adapter interface for sync options besides socket.io