Modern web IRC client designed for self-hosting
- Modern features brought to IRC. Push notifications, link previews, new message markers, and more bring IRC to the 21st century.
- Always connected. Remains connected to IRC servers while you are offline.
- Cross platform. It doesn't matter what OS you use, it just works wherever Node.js runs.
- Responsive interface. The client works smoothly on every desktop, smartphone and tablet.
- Synchronized experience. Always resume where you left off no matter what device.
To learn more about configuration, usage and features of The Lounge, take a look at the website.
Installation and usage
Running stable releases using Yarn (recommended)
Run this in a terminal to install (or upgrade) the latest stable release from npm registry:
yarn global add thelounge
If you already have The Lounge installed globally, use the following command to update it:
yarn global upgrade thelounge
When installation is complete, run:
Running from source
The following commands install and run the development version of The Lounge:
git clone https://github.com/thelounge/thelounge.git cd thelounge yarn install NODE_ENV=production yarn build yarn start
When installed like this,
thelounge executable is not created. Use
node index <command> to run commands.
Simply follow the instructions to run The Lounge from source above, on your own fork.
Before submitting any change, make sure to:
- Read the Contributing instructions
npm testto execute linters and test suite
npm run buildif you change or add anything in