Welcome to The Lounge, it's great to have you here! We thank you in advance for your contributions.
I want to report a bug
- Look at the open and closed issues to see if this was not already discussed before. If you can't see any, feel free to open a new issue.
- If you think you discovered a security vulnerability, do not open a public issue on GitHub. Refer to our security guidelines instead.
I want to contribute to the code
- Make sure to discuss your ideas with the community in an issue or on the IRC channel.
- Take a look at the open issues labeled as
help wantedif you want to help without having a specific idea in mind.
- Make sure that your PRs do not contain unnecessary commits or merge commits. Squash commits whenever possible.
- Rebase (instead of
merge) outdated PRs on the
- Give extra care to your commit messages. Use the imperative present tense and follow Tim Pope's guidelines.
- Each PR will be reviewed by at least two different project maintainers. You can read more about this in the maintainers' corner.
- Please document any relevant changes in the documentation that can be found in its own repository.
- Note that we use prettier on the project. You can set up IDE plugins to format on save (see VS Code one here).
- We have a git hook to automatically run prettier before commit, in case you don't install the plugin.
- If for any reason, prettier does not work for you, you can run
yarn format:prettierand that should format everything.