Mars Buttfield-Addison (@TheMartianLife) is a PhD Candidate in Computer Engineering at the University of Tasmania and CSIRO. Her current work focuses on improving the accuracy, reliability and performance of radio/radar-based satellite and space debris tracking systems. On the side, she does a bunch of other stuff including, but not limited to:
- writing books, such as the 2019 Practical Artificial Intelligence with Swift and the upcoming Practical Simulations for Machine Learning.
- running conferences, such as the annual AU/NZ Apple developer community conference /dev/world and the online conference EveryWorld.
- creating STEM educational materials, such as the Swift Rockets code-along activity for National Science Week 2020 and the Resource, Respond, Rescue! Minecraft: Education Edition scenario for the CoRE Learning Foundation.
- serving on the board of industry bodies for the technology sector, such as the AUC and previously the ACS.
- working at the University of Tasmania's School of Information and Communication Technology as a teaching assistant, research assistant, and private tutor.
- speaking at conferences all over the world.
- slowly building the entire world of Game of Thrones in Minecraft, with her pals at the WesterosCraft project.
For professional information please see her resume.