An OAuth 1.0A library written in PHP by @themattharris, specifically for use with the Twitter API.
Disclaimer: This project is a work in progress. Please use the issue tracker to report any enhancements or issues you encounter.
- Support OAuth 1.0A
- Use Authorisation headers instead of query string or POST parameters
- Allow uploading of images
- Provide enough information to assist with debugging
The library has been tested with PHP 5.3+ and relies on CURL and hash_hmac. The vast majority of hosting providers include these libraries and run with PHP 5.1+.
The code makes use of hash_hmac, which was introduced in PHP 5.1.2. If your version of PHP is lower than this you should ask your hosting provider for an update.
Version 0.60 hardens the security of the library and defaults
As some hosting providers do not provide the most current certificate root file
it is now included in this repository. If the version is out of date OR you prefer
to download the certificate roots yourself, you can get them
Before upgrading the version of tmhOAuth that you use, be sure to verify the SSL
handling works on your server by running the
This will be built out later but for the moment review the examples for ways the library can be used. Each example contains instructions on how to use it
If you previously used version 0.4 be aware the utility functions have now been broken into their own file. Before you use version 0.5+ in your app test locally to ensure your code doesn't need tmhUtilities included.
If you used custom HTTP request headers when they were defined as
'key: value' strings
you should now define them as
'key' => 'value' pairs.
- Ensure $_SERVER['HTTPS'] isset before checking it's value. Props: kud
- Fix array merging bug. Props: julien-c
- use is_callable instead of function_exists: Props: samwierema
- Allow options to be specified for the entify function. Props: davidcroda
- protocol was not inferred correctly for https when ['HTTPS'] == 'on'. Props: ospector
- Switched to https for twitter.com display URLs
- Improved the search results example
- Removed trailing ?> from tmhOAuth.php and tmhUtilities.php to meet the Zend Framework's coding practices. Props: reedy
- Fixed bug where CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST was defaulted to true when it should have been defaulted to 2. Props: kevinsmcarthur
- Changed any use of implode to the preferred format of implode($glue, $pieces). Props: reedy
- Moved oauth_verifier to the authorization header as shown in example of RFC 5849. Props: spacenick
- added curl error and error number values to the $tmhOAuth->response object
- added an example script for testing the SSL connection to twitter.com with the new SSL configuration of tmhOAuth
- added a function to generate the useragent depending on whether SSL is on or not
- defaulted CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER to true
- added CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST and defaulted it to true
- added the most current cacert.pem file from http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem and configured curl to use it
- Rearranged some configuration variables around to make commenting easier
- Standarised on lowercase booleans
- Fixed prevent_request so OAuth Echo requests work again.
- Added a TwitPic OAuth Echo example
- Fixed version reference in the UserAgent
- Updated tmhUtilities::entify with support for media
- Updated tmhUtilities::entify with support for multibyte characters. Props: andersonshatch
- Added support for content encoding. Defaults to whatever localhost supports. Props: yusuke
- User-Agent is now configurable and includes the current version number of the script
- Updated the Streaming examples to use SSL
- Fixed issue where headers were being duplicated if the library was called more than once.
- Updated examples to fit the new location of access tokens and secrets on dev.twitter.com
- Added Photo Tweet example
- Fixed issue where the preference for include_time in create_nonce was being ignored
- Use isset instead of suppress errors. Props: funkatron
- Added example of using the Search API
- Added example of using friends/ids and users/lookup to get details of a users friends
- Added example of the authorize OAuth webflow
- Moved utility functions out of the main class and into the tmhUtilities class.
- Added the ability to send OAuth parameters as part of the querystring or POST body.
- Section 18.104.22.168 says the url must be lowercase so prepare URL now does this.
- Added a convenience method for accessing the safe_encode/decode transforms.
- Updated the examples to use the new utilities library.
- Added examples for sitestreams and userstreams.
- Added a more advanced streaming API example.
- Fixed handling of parameters when using DELETE. Thanks to yusuke for reporting
- Fixed php_self to handle port numbers other than 80/443. Props: yusuke
- Updated function pr to use pre only when not running in CLI mode
- Add support for proxy servers. Props juanchorossi
- Function request now returns the HTTP status code. Props: kronenthaler
- Documentation fixes for xAuth. Props: 140dev
- Some minor code formatting changes
- Moved entities rendering into the library
- Added support for the Streaming API
- Fixed authorisation header for use with OAuth Echo
- Added use_ssl configuration parameter
- Fixed config array typo
- Removed v from the config
- Remove protocol from the host (configured by use_ssl)
- Added include for easier debugging
- Moved curl options to config
- Added the ability for curl to follow redirects, default false
- Fixed a bug in the GET requests
- Initial beta version
License: Apache 2 (see included LICENSE file)
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=themattharris Check out the Twitter Developer Resources: http://dev.twitter.com
- Add good behavior logic to the Streaming API handler - i.e. on disconnect back off
- Async Curl support