NZBHydra is a meta search for NZB indexers. It provides easy access to a number of raw and newznab based indexers. You can search all your indexers from one place and use it as indexer source for tools like Sonarr or CouchPotato.
While this version still runs fine I recommend using its predecessor NZBHydra2 which runs a lot faster and has more features.
- Searches Binsearch, NZBIndex, NZBClub, Womble and all newznab compatible indexers (see https://github.com/theotherp/nzbhydra/issues/20 and https://github.com/theotherp/nzbhydra/wiki/Supported-Search-Types-And-Indexer-Hosts )
- Search by IMDB, TMDB, TVDB, TVRage and TVMaze ID (including season and episode) and filter by age and size. If an ID is not supported by an indexer it is attempted to be converted (e.g. TMDB to IMDB)
- Query generation, meaning when you search for a movie using e.g. an IMDB ID a query will be generated for raw indexers. Searching for a series season 1 episode 2 will also generate queries for raw indexers, like s01e02 and 1x02
- Grouping of results with the same title and of duplicate results, accounting for result posting time, size, group and poster. By default only one of the duplicates is shown. You can provide an indexer score to influence which one that might be
- Compatible with Sonarr, CP, NZB 360, SickBeard, Mylar and Lazy Librarian (and others)
- Either proxy the NZBs from the indexers (keeping all X-NZB headers), redirect or use direct links in search results
- Included function to add results (single or a bunch) to multiple instances of SABnzbd or NZBGet(v13+) and show NFOs where available. Option to decide if links are added as links or the NZBs are uploaded. Select category in GUI or define a default.
- Statistics on indexers (average response time, share of results, access errors), searches and downloads per time of day and day of week, NZB download history and search history (both via internal GUI and API): Screenshot
- Indexers with problems are paused for an increasing time span (like in sonarr)
- Multi user capabilities so that you can share with your friends but keep the config safe
- Login by HTTP basic auth or form
- Define required and forbidden words and regexes
- Fine tune categories with separate required and forbidden words. Completely ignore categories in search results. Map newznab categories to internal categories. Use indexers only for certain categories.
- Reverse proxy compatible. See https://github.com/theotherp/nzbhydra/wiki/Reverse-proxies-and-URLs
- Basic torrent support via Jackett / Cardigann. Only for internal searches.
- Dark theme, grey theme and Bright theme (slightly out of date)
How to run
If you downloaded the source run with Python 2.7.9+. Runs on http://0.0.0.0:5075 by default. See the console output on how to choose the port and host using command line parameters.
If you downloaded the windows release just start with NzbHydraTray.exe. Your default browser should open to the NZBHydra web interface.
Install as service
A systemd unit file is provided in the
contrib directory. To install:
Copy the systemd unit file into place
sudo cp contrib/nzbhydra.service /usr/lib/systemd/system/
Edit the systemd unit file, you'll need to correct the paths to
python. You can find useful instructions inside.
sudo nano /usr/lib/systemd/system/nzbhydra.service
Reload systemd to pick up the new unit file, enable it and then start it.
sudo systemctl daemon-reload sudo systemctl enable nzbhydra.service sudo systemctl start nzbhydra.service
You can use
edit to see how the service is doing, see what the current unit file is and to override any settings with your own values.
sudo systemctl status nzbhydra.service ● nzbhydra.service - NZBHydra Service Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nzbhydra.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled) Active: active (running) since Thu 2017-06-08 19:25:50 PDT; 25min ago Main PID: 19503 (python2) Tasks: 3 (limit: 4915) Memory: 112.8M CPU: 37.298s CGroup: /system.slice/nzbhydra.service └─19503 /usr/bin/python2 /usr/lib/nzbhydra/nzbhydra.py --nobrowser --config /etc/nzbhydra/settings.cfg --database /var/lib/nzbhydra/nzbhydra.db sudo systemctl cat nzbhydra.service sudo systemctl edit nzbhydra.service
Install scripts are provided for Ubuntu upstart based systems in the
contrib directory. To install:
sudo cp contrib/defaults /etc/default/nzbhydra sudo cp contrib/init.ubuntu /etc/init.d/nzbhydra sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/nzbhydra sudo update-rc.d nzbhydra defaults
Edit the default configuration options:
sudo nano /etc/default/nzbhydra
Start the service:
sudo service nzbhydra start
See the WindowsService folder in your NZB Hydra directory. It contains batch scripts to install and uninstall Hydra as a service. Run
installService.cmd with administrator rights.
Development and how you can help
Generally testing and any bug reports are very welcome.
Any pull requests are also welcome, but I feel I and the program would mostly profit from:
- Unicode handling. I have no idea what I'm doing.
- Advice regarding stability, error handling, net code (I program Java by day and it shows) and performance
Please send merge requests to the develop branch!
If you like to help me with any running or upcoming costs you're welcome to send money to my bitcoin: 1PnnwWfdyniojCL2kD5ZDBWBuKcFJvrq4t
To all testers, bug reporters, donators, all around awesome people
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at