NZBHydra 2 is a meta search for NZB indexers. It provides easy access to a number of raw and newznab based indexers. You can search all your indexers from one place and use it as an indexer source for tools like Sonarr, Radarr or CouchPotato.
- Searches Anizb, BinSearch, NZBIndex and any newznab compatible indexers. Merges all results, filters them by a number of configurable restrictions, recognizes duplicates and returns them all in one place
- Add results to NZBGet or SABnzbd
- Support for all relevant media IDs (IMDB, TMDB, TVDB, TVRage, TVMaze) and conversion between them
- Query generation, meaning a query will be generated if only a media ID is provided in the search and the indexer doesn't support the ID or if no results were found
- Compatible with Sonarr, Radarr, NZBGet, SABnzbd, nzb360, CouchPotato, Mylar, LL, Sick Beard, Jackett/Cardigann, Watcher, etc.
- Search and download history and extensive stats. E.g. indexer response times, download shares, NZB age, etc.
- Authentication and multi-user support
- Automatic update of NZB download status by querying configured downloaders
- RSS support with configurable cache times
- Torrent support:
- For GUI searches, allowing you to download torrents to a blackhole folder
- A separate Torznab compatible endpoint for API requests, allowing you to merge multiple trackers
- Extensive configurability
- Save torrents in a black hole folder; Torznab API endpoint
- Migration of database and settings from v1
See some screenshots.
How to Run
You need Java Runtime Environment or OpenJDK (both >=8u101 or 9 or 10, not 11!).
Download the latest release of NZBHydra 2 for your platform ("linux" is any platform but windows). Extract it anywhere and start using the appropriate way:
- On Windows (64-bit) you can either start
NZBHydra2.exewhich will add a tray icon (give it some time) or
NZBHydra2 Console.exewhich will open a console window. Note: Do not use the folders
C:\Program Files (x86).
- On Linux start
nzbhydra2(currently working only on x64)
- On Mac: No executable yet, see next point
- If you cannot run the executables for some reason, there's another way (the executables are just compiled Java):
After a while your browser should open to http://127.0.0.1:5076.
The Java executable is expected to be in the PATH. If it's not and you can't/won't put it there then you need to provide the full path using the
If you get SSL errors when contacting indexers please update your Java runtime.
Install as a Service
Please see the wiki.
A Note on Memory
The memory usage mainly depends on the database size which depends on the amount of indexers you use, how long you've been running NZBHydra and how many queries are done.
"Normal" sized installations with five indexers should run great with the default memory settings. With a big history and a dozen or more indexers you may need to increase the memory usage (see main config), especially for calculating stats.
Bugs may/do exist. Don't run it on the machine where the nuclear launch codes are stored.
Development and how you can help
Generally testing and any bug reports are very welcome.
The backend is written in Java and uses Spring Boot with an H2 file database. Maven is used for dependency management and build.
core: The main code for the project
other: contains artifacts not needed during runtime and a proxy-patched version of SocksLib
releases: is self explanatory
shared: is shared code between modules
tests: contains integration tests
The frontend uses AngularJS 1.x, Bower for dependency management and gulp for build.
If you plan on doing any frontend work (JS, CSS, HTML): Please contact me first and don't just create a PR for changes on the merged CSS / JS files.
Please send merge requests to the develop branch!
If you like to help me with any running or upcoming costs you're welcome to send Bitcoin via 1LPCUF9eKEXi58nHbxTbJyfxCJkcCXKzvm or Ether via 0xa6C33b4756D24027227C14285AfAeEE9a9738D42
If you'd like to send other coins like Monero, Litecoin, etc. please contact me.
To all testers, bug reporters, donators, all around awesome people; especially judhat2 for beta testing and loads of helpful feedback
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.