* Fix buildworld on DragonFly hosts built before Dec 18, 2010 (2.9). * NELEM() macro was added to sys/param.h on Dec 18, 2010 and objformat was made to use it on May 20, 2011. This broke upgrades for machines running a DragonFly version built prior to Dec 18, 2010 since objformat is built with the hosts headers as part of the cross tools stage.
* According to http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2011/11/15/3 crypt(3) should probably not return ":" on error. * Make crypt_blowfish() return NULL on error as per the crypt(3) manpage. Submitted-by: Loganaden Velvindron <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* In one place sizeof() was used instead of strlen(), causing the password to be muxed with 4 bytes of random stack data on 64-bit machines. Codify this behavior for reverse compatibility.
* The existing SHA backends have been shown to be more susceptible to brute- force attacks than we would prefer -- http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2012/01/16/2 * Bring in the reference implementation used in Linux, code is in the public domain. * Add required (standard) functions mempcpy and stpcpy. * Change default for future installs to SHA512, this is the default on at least archlinux and fedora. * Add some minor hacks to libcrypt/crypt.c to ensure that a) All existing passwords continue to work b) All future passwords will be more secure with no changes required * To update passwords to the new format use passwd(1) for each user, and to change your default password type to SHA512 (default for new installations) change the passwd_format setting under default to "sha512".
* Bump kern.ipc.semmns, the total number of system semaphores, to 341. This count represents an array of 12-byte tracking structures, 341 of these consumes a single hardware page. * Bump kern.ipc.semmni to accomodate the new semmns limit per the PostgreSQL calculations from http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/kernel-resources.html
* Remove various kprintf debugging * Do a better job validating filter ops vectors * Zero-initialize memory used within kq/kev subsystem * Off-by-one error in check against EVFILT_SYSCOUNT * Add device clone function * Preliminary fixes to socket_wait (unfinished) * Fix filter init on bpf clone devices (must fix all others)
* Tear out taskqueue bits, they should no longer be needed