It is a lite expense management web app that I developed for my personal use.
- Add the expense with remark
- Can set the date upto 7 days in the past
- Search the data using remark or amount
- Expenses can be viewed Year-wise, Month-wise and Day-wise.
- Stats include total expense of all time, total expense of the current year, total expenses of present day, total expense of last and current month.
- Also a minimal income manager app comes with this app.
- Python 3.5
- Django 1.11.8
How to install in local environment:
Clone the repository in your system then create a virtual envrironment (recommended), activate the virtual envrionment. Then run:
pip install -r requirements.txt
Create a new file .env in the same directory as manage.py and set a variable with name DATABASE_URL_DEV to the database url.
In this app I have used PostgreSQL, however you can use database of your choice, but just don't forget to install the driver for the same in your virtual environment.
Create __init __.py file in expensor > settings and add below code in it.
from .development import *
Then run below commands.
python manage.py makemigrations
python manage.py migrate
Now your app is ready to run.
python manage.py runserver