Google+ Badge - Particle for Gantry
This project contains a Gantry Particle and adds the Google+ Badge API functionality to the Gantry templating framework. Google+ Badge encapsulates the parameterization of the Google+ service within a Gantry Particle. Furthermore, it provides an easy, user friendly and GUI assisted configuration and integration. In the current revision the following CMSs are supported:
- CMS (Joomla, Wordpress, Grav)
- Gantry Templating Framework and Theme
- Google+ Platform API
Choose the correct download for your target platform. The Joomla Plugin System is supported for all Gantry themes globally or locally for the templates Helium and Hydrogen. The latest Particle version is v1.3.3.
Attention: When migrating from v1.1.2 to v1.2.0 or higher the existing settings of the particle will be reset.
Automatic Installation (Joomla only)
- Download the Plugin of the Google+ Badge Particle for Hydrogen, Helium or Global installation.
- Install it over the Joomla Plugin System.
If you install the plugin globally be aware that the resource location changes to
- Download the Default or Legacy Package of the Google+ Badge Particle. If you are using Gantry <5.3.2 please use the Legacy Package for compatibility reasons.
- Extract the files.
- Copy the
.yamlfile to your particle folder
/[GANTRY_THEME]/custom/particles. Please check the listing below to determine where the template folder for your CMS is located.
- [Optional] Copy the
.jsfile to the folder
/[GANTRY_THEME]/custom/js. Create the folder if it does not exist.
CMS Template Folder
Please be aware that the template folder path varies in dependence of the used CMS. Here is a list of the folders for the different platforms:
- Go to your Gantry templating backend (e.g. Extensions/Templates).
- Switch to Layout and add the new appearing Particle called Google+ Badge either globally to your site (base outline), to a specific template or page by dragging it to the designated section.
- Configure the appearance according to your favor.
- [Optional] The download package contains the original version of the Google+ Badge API JS file. You can embed it over the backend configuration if you do not want to use the default CDN. If you chose automatic installation the file is already there.
Supported Parameters and Particle Options
- Custom CSS Classes
- Site Types
- Profile, Page and Community
- Light and Dark
- Landscape and Portrait
- Badge Language (~60)
- Sizing of Badge
- Photo for Badge
- Badge Description
- Community Owner
- Loading Mechanism
- JS Priority and Placement (head or footer)
- JS Loading
- Remote, Local and Default
- JS Execution
Insight of the Google+ Badge - Gantry Particle configuration:
Backend (1) - Appearance
Backend (2) - JS
Examples for the different supported Google+ Badges:
Frontend (1) - Profile
Frontend (2) - Page
Frontend (3) - Community
- add more languages
Thanks to the Gantry team for providing a modern templating framework.
Thanks to Google for the Google+ Badge API.
Copyright (c) 2018, free to use in personal and commercial software as per the license.