This project contains a Windows Shell script which allows with a minimal configuration to automatically build Joomla plugin and Gantry component archives. The Gantry Package Builder can be easily configured to assist the release process with a consistent naming scheme and a flexible setup for the actual package content.
- Windows Shell
Download v1.0.0 of the Gantry Package Builder.
The Gantry Package Builder consists of the following two script files:
build.bat: contains the configuration variables for the build script
base-build.bat: contains the actual build script
The following configuration parameters are available:
1, defines if the temporary files should be removed after completion
1, defines if the script should log the processed files
prj_id: the unique identifier of the project, typically consists of three characters e.g.
prj_rev: the revision of the project e.g.
prj_name: the name of the project which is used for the file generation and identification e.g. Joomla or Gantry files
prj_fullname: the human readable project name for debug and log outputs
prj_title_hr: horizontal line for debug and log outputs
prj_def_lang: the default language of the project e.g.
prj_sup_langs: the languages supported by the project, comma separated list e.g.
pkg_g5_name: a string appended to every Gantry package name to distinguish between Gantry object types e.g.
pkg_g5_def_files: a set of default files that should be included within the Gantry package, comma separated list e.g.
pkg_j3_def_files: a set of default files that included within the Joomla plugin package, comma separated list e.g.
pkg_expl_files: a list of explicit files that should be added to all packages, e.g.
pkg_lang_id: identification of the language source file, either file extension or full filename
pkg_file_ext: file extensions that should be automatically added to all packages, comma separated list e.g.
pkg_release_folder: the target release folder were the created packages should be finally moved to e.g.
releases\v1.2.3in the root folder of the project
1, defines if the Gantry default package should be generated
1, defines if the Gantry legacy package should be generated
1, defines if the Joomla plugin for Helium should be generated
1, defines if the Joomla plugin for Hydrogen should be generated
1, defines if the Joomla plugin for global installation should be generated
The build files have to be placed in a directory at least one layer below the project root to work correctly e.g.
Take a look on my other Gantry projects to get some examples on how you have to structure your project directory to be compatible with the Gantry Package Builder.
- automates the build process and creates all required packages at once
- flexible and easy configuration as well as full control over the package content
- built-in support for Gantry Particles and Atoms
- built-in support for the Joomla plugin system
- Joomla plugins can be explicitely created for the Gantry templates Helium or Hydrogen
- Joomla plugins can be created for a global installation which removes dependencies on a particular template
- multi-language support to create packages for different languages
- legacy support which allows to create archives for certain target platforms
- restrict the packages that should be generated for your release
- additional files can be selectively added to your Gantry and Joomla archives
- option to enable detailed debug information during the build process
- define a folder to organize your releases for a clear overview of your current and past project revisions
- Grav plugin package generation
- Wordpress plugin package generation
Copyright (c) 2018, free to use in personal and commercial software as per the license.