Menu Tablet Fixer - Atom for Gantry
This project contains a Gantry Atom that improves the default menu behavior of the Gantry templating framework. Menu Tablet Fixer was created to fix the broken touch handling of the default Gantry menu on devices with a large screen resolution. Hence, the first tap on a linked menu item that contains sub items always expands the menu, while the second tap finally opens the underlying link. Furthermore, it provides an easy, user friendly and GUI assisted configuration and integration. In the current revision the following CMSs are supported:
- CMS (Joomla, Wordpress, Grav)
- Gantry Templating Framework and Theme
Choose the correct download for your target platform. The Joomla Plugin System is supported for all Gantry themes globally or locally for the templates Helium and Hydrogen. The latest Atom version is v1.2.3.
Automatic Installation (Joomla only)
- Download the Plugin of the Menu Tablet Fixer Atom for Hydrogen, Helium or Global installation.
- Install it over the Joomla Plugin System.
If you install the plugin globally be aware that the resource location changes to
- Download the Default or Legacy Package of the Menu Tablet Fixer Atom. If you are using Gantry <5.3.2 please use the Legacy Package for compatibility reasons.
- Extract the files.
- Copy the
.yamlfile to your particle folder
/[GANTRY_THEME]/custom/particles. Please check the listing below to determine where the template folder for your CMS is located.
- Copy the
.jsfile to the folder
/[GANTRY_THEME]/custom/js. Create the folder if it does not exist.
CMS Template Folder
Please be aware that the template folder path varies in dependence of the used CMS. Here is a list of the folders for the different platforms:
- Go to your Gantry templating backend (e.g. Extensions/Templates).
- Switch to Page Settings and add the new appearing Atom called Menu Tablet Fixer either globally to your site (base outline), to a specific template or page by dragging it to the designated section.
- Configure the appearance according to your favor.
- [Optional] The download package contains the JS file of the project. You can embed it over the backend configuration if you do not want to use the default CDN. If you chose automatic installation the file is already there.
Supported Parameters and Atom Options
- JS Configuration
- Remote or Local
- Priority and Position (head or footer)
- JS Execution
Insight of the Menu Tablet Fixer - Gantry Atom configuration:
- improve the layer handling for a depth of
nor at least
- add more languages
- untested for submenus located at a depth
>= 3, may has no effect.
Thanks to the Gantry team for providing a modern templating framework.
Copyright (c) 2018, free to use in personal and commercial software as per the license.