WARNING: Stay away from this. Stick with JDBC, this was not worth the effort!
I need to write some docs ...
A PostgreSQL Client for the JVM.
The standard interface in Java to talk to Postgres is the official JDBC-Driver. JDBC tries to create a common Interface for Databases but not all SQL Databases are created equal. That makes using Postgres-specific features rather cumbersome to use.
This library tries to provide a far simpler yet more powerful interface to the PostgreSQL Server.
JDK 8+, PostgreSQL 9+ (only tested against 9.1.2, 9.3.5, might work with older versions)
- Fully customizable Types via simple Interface
- Binary Format when supported by Type
- Basic Types have been implemented.
- Query & Statement support
- Transactions with Savepoints
- more Types
- UTF-8 is hardcoded right now, things will go wrong if backend is not UTF-8
- better Errors (Messages)
- Auth Support (MD5, ...)
- Generics (didn't write any serious Java for over 10 years, need to learn Generics first)
- Cursor Support
- FunctionCall API
- Copy API
Needs more docs, for now check what can hardly be called Tests.
Copyright © 2014 Thomas Heller
Distributed under the Eclipse Public License either version 1.0 or (at your option) any later version.