Yet another package for emacs persistent sessions
Less featured than other alternatives, but do it faster with a minimal configuration. All objects are saved individually in compiled files.
- Save and restore all your buffers
- Save and restore your last window configuration
- Save and restore value of any vars
- Save automatically history variables (replacement of savehist-mode)
- Save and restore registers except windows register (you can save your windows configs though with M-x psession-save-winconf)
- Autosave your session
Saving is done when quitting emacs (run in kill-emacs-hook), however you can save at regular time
psession-auto-save set to a non nil value if you want to have your session saved
with your recentest changes in case emacs crashes.
Add "psession.el" to
load-path (not needed when installed from Emacs packaging system)
Customize at least
psession-object-to-save-alist, don't add here minibuffer history variables,
psession-savehist-mode which will add these variables automatically.
Add to init file:
If installed from git
(require 'psession) (psession-mode 1)
Otherwise (Melpa install) only
(psession-mode 1) is needed.
For saving minibuffer history, use
(psession-savehist-mode 1) as a replacement of
If you want to save periodically (autosave) your emacs session, add
(psession-autosave-mode 1) to your init file.