TSOC_GROVEY_I2CHUB is a four(4) port I2C Hub/Switch board, an Embedded Module for thingSoC.
The TSOC_GROVEY_I2CHUB can operate at either 3.3V or 5V, and can also level translate 3.3V processor I2C bus to 5V peripherals when needed.
The TSOC_GROVEY_I2CHUB allows you to connect thingSoC, Mikrobus, and/or Grove System Modules all at the same time, with any processor module. This gives you maximum flexiblity for sensor and actuator selection, and reuse.
The thingSoC "Grovey Series" was designed as "Everyday Electronics", a no-frills, low cost, approach to modular embedded product design. thingSoC boards are similar in size to most break-out-boards (BOBs), but feature a standardized stacking pinout, as well as an I2C metadata store (EEPROM) to indicate what peripherals are installed.
In this example, we use the Grovey_I2CHUB with the Teensy3.x to support a Grove 16x2 LCD panel. Since the Grove 16x2 LCD panel is a 5V peripheral, the Grovey_I2CHUB performs the voltage level translation necessary to go from the 3.3V micro-processor to the 5V LCD controller.
- thingSoC Compliant Module
- Mikrobus Compatible Module
- 5V Nominal Power Input
- 5V or 3.3V Operation
- Supports four (4) separate I2C busses
- Any time you want to connect four (4) of the same sensor, using the same I2C address, then you need an I2C Hub/Switch.
- Adds four (4) I2C ports to any thingSoC, Mikrobus, and/or Grove System peripherals.
3D Model (Sketchup)
- 09/02/2016 : Revision 2.0 Release for PCB fab
Revision 2.0 Notes:
- Add Ground Strap, remove FM24V10 FRAM, add GROVE I2C Slave connector slot.
Revision 2.1 Notes:
- Remove Ground Strap, it was confusing for power configuration and assembly.
- Prototype testing complete, Production Ready