The app was developed primarily by Frank Leon Rose. Huge thanks to Frank for his hard work and ongoing patience, as well as to Terry Moore, Chris Merck, Mimi Flynn, Manny Tsarnas, and Forrest Filler for their ongoing efforts with the software and hardware components.
Please fork the master repos and lend a hand if you identify areas for improvement or wish to create new features. This and the other related Map The Things repos are under active development.
Here is Adafruit's schematic for their Bluefruit module:
Using the code
Using with platformIO
Inside the root level directory of your copy of this repo run the following commands:
platformio run(to install libraries and build code)
platformio upload(to install code on a device)
Using with Arduino IDE
- Install Adafruit's Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51 library Arduino library
- Install The Things Network New York's version of the IBM LMIC library
- Install Frank's enhanced Arduino logging library that supports redirection
- Verify and Upload code
- Advertise capabilities via BLE
- Respond to scan from a BLE Center (the MapTheThings-iOS app)
- Serve LoRa configuration, status, and responses as BLE characteristics
- Accept LoRa configuration and transmission commands as BLE characteristic
- Store device EUI and sequence number in NVRAM
Source code for Map The Things is released under the MIT License, which can be found in the LICENSE file.