thingsSwitch is a simple way to connect an ESP8266 to an Amazon Echo.
To install thingsSwitch on your ESP8266:
- Download Flasher.js.
- Select the Serial Port from the drop
- If you don't see your device you may require drivers
- Select the latest version of thingsSwitch from the Binaries drop down
- Click Flash!
- Connect to thingsSwitch WiFi hot spot
- Configure your WiFi
- Add a device name
- Add a pin you want to switch on and off
- Save configuration
- Ask Alexa to "discover devices"
- Tell Alexa to "turn on" or "turn off"
Check out the contributing doc.