IoT Data Explorer for ThingSpeak using MATLAB
A MATLAB app to visualize ThingSpeak data. Make time comparisons of your data, retime data, and export data.
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes.
- Download the program and unzip it to a local directory.
- Locate the app installation file which is characterized by the suffix '.mlappinstall'.
- Double-click the installation file.
- A dialog is opened. Click Install.
- Once installed, the app is added to the MATLAB Toolstrip.
Using the app
- Channel ID: Enter the channel ID for the channel if interest.
- ReadAPIKey: Enter ReadAPIKey for private channels
- StartDate: Start Date the selcted data. The time will start at 12:00 AM unless otherwise selected.
- StartHour: Start Hour
- Min: Start Minute to read the data.
- AM/PM: Ante Meridian, Post Meridian
- Duration: The width in time for the plot of the data, you can read up to 8000 points. Select the base with and choose a multiplier. For example if yopu wish to show 3 hoursa, select hours and a multiplier of 3.
- Compare Length: The time difference between the selcted date and the older time period. Select the length and multiplier similar to the duration.
- Retime: time basis for smoothing of data. Linear interpolation is used.
- F1 through F8: Check box to include a particular field, if data is available.
- Update: Updatethe present visualization using the settings.
- Output to Workspace: Run the current querry and write the output data to the workspace for variable names you choose.
- Quit: Stop the program and delete the UI figure.
MATLAB App Designer
- Christopher Stapels - Initial work - MathWorks
- Alain Kutcha - Code review - MathWorks