roadNet is an application for managing a BS7666-compliant local street gazetteer (LSG). It also handles Scottish Roadworks Register associated data and road assets.
roadNet ships with a demo database. To give it a try:
- Select the demo database:
- Click roadNet > Change database location
- Navigate to the roadNet plugin directory (typically /.qgis2/python/plugins/Roadnet)
- Choose the database_files/roadnet_demo.sqlite database
- Press Apply
- Log in:
- Click roadNet > Start roadNet
- Enter username and password as thinkwhere, thinkwhere
- Start using roadNet e.g.
- Use the Street Selector to select a street and get LSG information
- Use the Street Browser to browse records
- Export records in Scottish Data Transfer Format
- Use RAMP tools to add IDs to road assets
Alternatively, select the roadnet_empty.sqlite to begin capturing your own data.
Tests and continuous integration
roadNet comes with a test suite and continuous integration system using Shippable. Commits pushed to the repository are automatically tested in the cloud.
Tests can also be run locally. On Linux, this can be done by running the following from the Roadnet directory:
Further information and support
See the roadNet Manual for full information and instructions.
thinkWhere offer a number of support options including training, QGIS training and database migrations.
Please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.