Python script to email people when they join your Terraria server. Good for a private server with not a lot of users. I use it for my friends and I on the server we use privately. We're busy people so sometimes it's good to take a break and hop in the server when someone else happens to hop in.
- Will only send an email every 30 minutes (prevents emails spamming out as people join/leave/join/leave/join
- Configured for TLS security on SMTP because my host required it
- Random string appended to email subject to prevent threading on gmail - makes it confusing what happened.
- Very, very, flexible - you can have this do anything in response to a console logged event on a terraria server. i.e. you could trigger an event every time the server saves, or something. Maybe have it update a web page with what is going on on the server or something.
You'll need to tee the output of your terraria server executable to a text file. I'm using wtee.exe from:
How To Setup (Windows)
- Get Python 2.7 (wherever)
- get wtee.exe (https://github.com/WinLAFS/wintee)
- get logscanner.py (this repo)
- put in your smtp for logscanner.py and your email addresses (to and from)
example .bat script to launch terrariaserver.exe:
cmd.exe /K "cd C:\tshock\ & TerrariaServer.exe -maxplayers 4 -world "C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds\myworld.wld" --stats-optout" | c:\wtee.exe C:\tshock\logs\tlivelog.txt
example shortcut to logscanner.py