Data Science Bootcamp Pre-work Revision 2019
Table of Contents
Review the computer requirements on hardware needed for the bootcamp.
What can I do to get ready before the bootcamp starts?
Completing the pre-work is essential to obtaining the foundational knowledge necessary to succeed in the Metis data science bootcamp. Each student should expect to spend 60+ hours of tutorials to become familiar with software installation, editors, command line, Python (numpy, pandas, etc.), linear algebra and statistics.
All exercises must be completed before the first day of class.
- Step 0. Getting Started
- Step 1. Installation
- Step 2. Choose and learn your editor(s)
- Step 3. Learn command line
- Step 4. Git and GitHub
- Step 4b Git Branching
- Step 5. Python
- Step 6. Linear Algebra
- Step 7. Statistics
- Step 8. More Resources
Q: How do I submit pre-work?
- Sections 0 to 4
- Fork the dsp repo this is covered in the GitHub section
- Clone your forked dsp repo to your local PC
- Run Jupyter on your local and make all changes
- Push all changes to your forked repo on GitHub; this is considered your pre-work submission. (No need to submit pull requests to the thisismetis/dsp repo.)
- use your forked repo for scratch work only
- Make all changes to your forked repo
Q: Can I discuss prework with other students in the course?
Q: Can I ask for hints for python questions?