for BGEE / BG2EE / EET
Unlike other shamans the Storm Caller focuses <PRO_HISHER> attention on harnessing and mastering the powers of the storm. With their ability to conjure up terrible storms and call down lightning on their opponents these shamans make powerful foes and allies even though they are less versed in the ways of the spirit world than others of their kind.
– May only wear leather, studded leather, and hide armor.
– May not equip shields larger than bucklers.
– May only use the following weapons: dagger, club, spear, axe, quarterstaff, dart, sling, and shortbow.
– May only become Proficient (one slot) in any weapon class.
– May only become Proficient (one slot) in any fighting style.
– May cast druidic spells.
– Does not automatically learn all spells of a given level as Druids do. Instead, Shamans select new spells to learn at each level, which they can cast daily without memorization.
– Does not gain immediate access to the following number of Shaman-specific spells: Spirit Ward, Spiritual Clarity, Spirit Fire, Recall Spirit, Spiritual Lock, and Ether Gate.
– Gains immediate access to the following Shaman-specific spell, which can be cast like any other: Writhing Fog.
– Gains use of the Detect Illusion skill with 20% points as a base and an 4 points per level, up to a maximum of 100% at level 20.
– A Storm Caller's 'Shamanic Dance' does not summon spirits but instead calls down lightning strikes from the elemental plane of air on <PRO_HISHER> opponents.
SHAMANIC DANCE: Storm Callers can summon lightning storms from the elemental plane of air by performing a ritualistic dance. While dancing, the Shaman takes a -4 penalty to Armor Class and cannot move, attack, cast spells, use items and special abilities, or perform any other activity. Each round while the Storm Caller dances, opponents within a 30' radius have a 12% base chance plus 2% for each level of the Shaman to be struck by lightning, up to a maximum of 50% at level 20. The lightning strikes become more powerful as the Shaman gains additional levels:
Level 1: 2d6 electrical damage
Level 6: 4d6 electrical damage
Level 12: 6d6 electrical damage
Level 18: 8d6 electrical damage
Level 24: 10d6 electrical damage
– Gains 'Storm Aura' as a special ability at level 12.
STORM AURA: Once a Storm Caller has become powerful enough <PRO_HESHE> can conjure up a small storm on the spirit plane which follows <PRO_HIMHER> around and occasionally strikes out against the Shaman's opponents on the material plane. While Storm Aura is active opponents within a 30' radius have a 5% chance each round to be struck by lightning and take 10d6 electrical damage.
– Can not be of lawful alignment.
– Does not gain bonus spells per day from high Wisdom.
– May not dual-class or multi-class.
– Ineligible for any stronghold. (This affects only the Shadows of Amn campaign in Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.)
– Hit Dice: d8