The Mocca Programming Language
Actually it´s much to early for a more precise description, but I try it nonetheless:
- dynamically typed
- int, boolean and function data types
- expression evaluation respective correct precedence and associativity
- variable definitions and usage in expressions
- lexical scoping
- functions capture their definition context (aka "closures")
- a function call returns the last statement per default
- a few semantic runtime checks
Mocca is experimental at the moment but there are some things on my mind I want to evaluate:
- direct integration of "standard libraries" in the language. That means something like "jQuery as language construct"
- extending Mocca with library functions that are indistinguishable from builtin keywords
- programs as data (aka "metaprogramming")
See index.html for a few code samples.