Lesson 3: Hello World Example Revisited
We now repeat the
Hello World! example, but as Eclipse project.
Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org) is one of the most popular integrated developer environments for Java. It provides a lot of tools, may of which we will use in this lecture.
1. Why using Eclipse?
- syntax highlighting
- compilation of code while you type it
- several other tools that we will use, such as
2. Installing Eclipse
- go to http://www.eclipse.org
- click "Download"
- select Eclipse package (currently Eclipse Neon and "Download 64 bit" (if you have a 64 bit machine, that is)
- download the package
- unpack it into a folder of your liking
- inside that folder, you can find an executable named
eclipse.exe: run it
3. Using Eclipse
We again use a Hello World! program as example, but this time it comes as Eclipse project.