What is Argonaut?
Argonaut is a JSON library built using Scala. It provides functionality to specify how to convert to and from JSON for an arbitrary Scala object. It relies on the Scala parser libraries (
util.parsing.combinator) to read an arbitrary string into a JSON data type, which is known to be slow. Argonaut is licenced under BSD3 (see
The JSON data type also implements a large combinator library in an effort to make it easy to use, however, much of this library would be better implemented by exploiting partial lenses and a zipper.
Argonaut is intended for simple applications that use specification-compliant JSON. Argonaut is released under a BSD3 open-source licence.
- Exploit lenses and partial lenses for a more complete and general combinator library.
- Implement a zipper for traversing the JSON data structure.
- Implement a traversal cursor function that tracks its operations using the Writer monad.
- Use a more appropriate parser library (not Scala parsers) to improve performance.
- Implement automated tests for type-class laws (e.g.
ToJsonis the inverse of
Copyright 2012 Ephox Pty Ltd