This repo contains code for a basic (really, basic) application built on Spring MVC to be published on Google AppEngine. No (unit|integration) tests yet.
Thanks to http://peterbacklund.blogspot.com/2009/04/running-spring-on-google-app-engine.html for inspiration and insight.
Tested with Spring Framework version 3.0.5 and GAE version 1.4.3.
- Make sure the GAE plugin is installed as an Eclipse plugin.
- Create new project in eclipse
- rename war/WEB-INF/appengine-web-default.xml to appengine-web.xml
- In appengine-web.xml, insert your application name
- Start the project
TODO: (patches are accepted)
- Maven-ify the project in order not to have to commit the jars into GitHub
- Prettify the output
- Implement ability to do content-negotiating and returning the correct Greeting
- Implement json for the list of greetings
- Inject the UserService into the GreetingsController
- Implement caching