What is it?
Mariah is a hub for your Smart Boat. Sensors will send it data, which will be
collected and emitted to customizable endpoints.
Gathers from various sensors and updates a state object
- Pitch, Roll, Yaw
- Temp/Humidity (planned)
Provides an API for accessing state
- Sockets? MQTT? I'd like a pub-sub model to push data to local clients.
Optional- sends state object to AWS IoT on an interval
- 10 seconds for cost considerations
- Generate an IoT cert with the one-click certification creation.
- Move certs to
/config.jsto match cert locations
- Configure IoT Rules logging
- Create IAM Role
- Turn on logging in the IoT Rules settings pane
- Create a bucket in the same region as your device
- Create a rule
- Topic filter:
- Condition: leave blank
- Add action (Store messages in Amazon S3 bucket)
- S3 bucket: use the bucket created earlier
- Create a new role to grant IoT access
This library relies on connection to a GPSD server to receive data. Use the
gpsd-fake library to create a local GPSD server. By default, it should be broadcasting on the correct ports and there will be no additional configuration needed.