S3-Proxy is a poor man’s HTTP Proxy for static web-resources stored on Amazon™ S3.
- rack/sinatra-based application
- Add a Access-Control-Allow-Origin header to your font file response (to enable cross-site web font embedding in Firefox).
- gzip fonts (to make FOUC shorter).
- set of HTTP caching header.
- caching via Rack::Cache / Memcached (to reduce s3 costs). — TODO
- do referrer-checks via whitelist of allowed referrers. — TODO
- secured web-frontend — TODO
- current configuration
- referrer whitelist
- set caching TTL
- counter (WTF? — what is this good for except big brothering?)
- capistrano deployment on Dreamhost
- rspec tests
set environment variable
S3_ACAO (“Access-Control-Allow-Origin” HTTP-Header) and do a rackup:
export S3_BUCKET="<your_bucket>.s3.amazonaws.com" export S3_ACAO="<your_domain>" rackup
This is inspired by / forked from fistface