Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Adds support for German and Chinese (Simplified)
- Adds preference to disable True Tone when Night Shift is disabled for apps and websites
- Requires a Mac that supports True Tone
- Adds menu item for toggling toggle True Tone
- Adds keyboard shortcuts that toggle Dark Mode and True Tone
- Adds support for the Dark Mode interface in macOS Mojave
- Fixes an issue that caused scheduled Dark Mode to not toggle Dark Mode
- Reintroduces Website Shifting support for full screen videos in Safari
- Improves the reliability of Website Shifting
- Adds preference to disable app analytics
- Updated app icon to celebrate leaving beta!
This version includes a significant rewrite of the core logic. Finally!
What this means:
- Some bugs related to how Shifty controls Night Shift are fixed. Most notably:
- manually overriding the Night Shift schedule now works as intended
- fixed instances where disabling for apps doesn't work
- Since it's a major rewrite, new bugs may have been introduced that I didn't catch. If you experience problems, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or open an issue.
- Fixes an issue with disabling for websites with full-screen videos in Safari
- Fixes an issue with Night Shift being set to the incorrect state after it is disabled for an app
- Fixes an issue that caused the app to be displayed in a partial, broken Chinese translation when the system language is set to Chinese
- Adds website shifting! Night Shift can now be disabled for individual websites in supported browsers.
- Website shifting supports:
- Fixes an issue that caused Night Shift to be incorrectly enabled on wake.
- Removes location requirement for Sunset to Sunrise schedule. Now, Shifty gets sunrise and sunset times from where they're stored in the system so it no longer needs your location to calculate them.
- Special thanks to Enrico Ghirardi for making much of this update possible.
- Added customizable global shortcuts for common actions.
- New option to change icon based on Night Shift state.
- Completely redesigned Preferences menu.
- Fixes an issue where the location cannot be determined on some systems.
- macOS dark mode can now be automatically set based on the Night Shift schedule.
- Night Shift schedule settings can now be set from within Shifty's preferences window.
- The slider can now be operated by scrolling.
- Fixes an issue where Night Shift is sometimes not set to the correct state after being disabled in Shifty.
- Because of the dark mode feature and the above issue, Shifty now requests your location when using the Sunset to Sunrise schedule. This is to calculate the sunset and sunrise times based on your location. Your location is not and will never be shared.
- Scheduled end of Night Shift is not detected when disabled for app or time. This causes Night Shift to be enabled when it should be off as per the schedule.
Thanks for checking out Shifty!