This is the first Thonny version to be released on GitHub. Old Bitbucket repo will be closed in couple of months.
- "Run → Pygame Zero mode" allows running Pygame Zero programs with F5. (You need to have
pgzeroinstalled or install it via "Tools → Manage packages".)
- "Run → Debug current script (Birdseye)" allows visualizing your program execution with Birdseye debugger by Alex Hall. See "Help -> Birdseye" for more information.
- "Run →Run" current script in terminal
- "File → Print..." allows pringing current script (via default web browser)
- "View →Notes" opens a box for writing down code snippets, task descriptions, etc.
See more updates in the changelog.
Use the links above to download Thonny 3.1.0 bundled with Python 3.7.2
- exe is the installer for Windows
- dmg is image for macOS
- x86_64.tar.gz and i686.tar.gz contain installers for 64-bit and 32-bit Linux respectively
- bash file is a script which downloads correct Linux bundle, unpacks it and starts the installer
Thonny is also available on PyPI. Install it with
pip install thonny==3.1.0 (or just
pip install thonny for latest version). Note that this version requires Python 3.5 or later.
Debian and Fedora packages will be uploaded later.