Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
This is the first Thonny version to be released on GitHub. Old Bitbucket repo will be closed in couple of months.
- "Run → Pygame Zero mode" allows running Pygame Zero programs with F5. (You need to have
pgzeroinstalled or install it via "Tools → Manage packages".)
- "Run → Debug current script (Birdseye)" allows visualizing your program execution with Birdseye debugger by Alex Hall. See "Help -> Birdseye" for more information.
- "Run →Run" current script in terminal
- "File → Print..." allows pringing current script (via default web browser)
- "View →Notes" opens a box for writing down code snippets, task descriptions, etc.
See more updates in the changelog.
Use the links above to download Thonny 3.1.0 bundled with Python 3.7.2
- exe is the installer for Windows
- dmg is image for macOS
- x86_64.tar.gz and i686.tar.gz contain installers for 64-bit and 32-bit Linux respectively
- bash file is a script which downloads correct Linux bundle, unpacks it and starts the installer
Thonny is also available on PyPI. Install it with
pip install thonny==3.1.0 (or just
pip install thonny for latest version). Note that this version requires Python 3.5 or later.
Debian and Fedora packages will be uploaded later.